Monday, October 19, 2009

Success

I have a quote on the wall in my clinic that says Success not found in what you have achieved, but rather in who you have become. I like this approach. It is being, rather than doing. Focusing on what is rather than what isn't. I sometimes get lost in my larger longer term goals often forgetting the small yet still significant steps that it takes to get there. Each one of these is a success and I continually remind myself to enjoy and acknowledge these. I find it helps to write down 5 things that I have achieved in a day, no matter how small.

Lori Radun has written an interesting article on success. She suggests that rather than focusing on success as achieving some future improved condition that we take another approach:
  1. Be the best you can be
  2. Create an action plan for what you want in the future
  3. Enjoy all that life has to offer right now

For more on this approach, read Lori Radun's article: A New Definition of Success.

May you be and enjoy every success, big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment